- What's Buzzing
Our Goldmine of the Top Solutions from all Product & Design challenges
A Fun Quiz to Test your Product Knowledge. A new Quiz Every Friday!
Solve Competitive Real World Product Problems and Get Continuous 1-on-1 Feedback to Improve
Read and Practice Product & Design Case Studies
Apply to Jobs
View and apply to design and product jobs
Post a Job
Tap into our talent pool of 7000+ designers and product managers
Get guidance from mentors to improve your CV, portfolio, take mock interviews
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
View More ▼ Close
You are a part of the PM team* at Amazon Pay and have just come out of a meeting with the Head of Business for Amazon Pay India. In the meeting it was repeatedly highlighted how Google Pay and PhonePe are dominating the payments landscape & specifically UPI payments.
You have been tasked to find ways in which this dominance can be countered.
While your product has been steadily gaining market share and you are confident of its capabilities, you wonder what exactly it is that you can do differently so that Amazon Pay can become a default choice for UPI payments.
With this background, in this challenge, you need to define a product strategy that can give a quick and sizeable jump in market share for Amazon Pay.
Importantly, the gain in market share, must be sustainable in the long term.
The strategy could consist of product changes/tweaks, new product offerings, design changes, integrations: basically you have a free hand.
But you must create a clear plan of action: the plan must create a true dent and not just be about an iterative improvement.
Finally, it is essential that the plan is executable quickly (avoid plans that stretch beyond 1 month)
*PM team can be substituted for Design team, basis your interest area
- Amazon Pay is NOT hosting this challenge. This is only a learning exercise. However, the top solutions will be shared with Amazon Pay
- The above is a purely hypothetical scenario, meant to aid thinking and give context
- Google and Walmart establish dominance in India’s mobile payments market as WhatsApp Pay struggles to launch | Techcrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/03/google-and-walmarts-phonepe-establish-dominance-in-indias-mobile-payments-market-as-whatsapp-pay-struggles-to-launch/
- Amazon Pay joins hands with Acko to offer auto insurance | Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/amazon-pay-ventures-into-insurance-in-india-11595427759424.html
- Amazon infuses ?1,355 crore more into India payments venture | Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/amazon-pay-india-gets-rs-1-355-crore-from-parent-entity-11579014746385.html
- Razorpay Launches UPI Intent Flow for iOS Users - https://razorpay.com/blog/upi-intent-ios/
- Google Pay has a solid lead over PhonePe, Paytm and Amazon Pay? in India?— but its biggest challenge is yet to come | BI: https://www.businessinsider.in/business/news/google-pay-has-a-solid-lead-over-phonepe-paytm-and-amazon-pay-in-india-but-its-biggest-challenge-is-yet-to-come/articleshow/76542701.cms