- What's Buzzing
Our Goldmine of the Top Solutions from all Product & Design challenges
A Fun Quiz to Test your Product Knowledge. A new Quiz Every Friday!
Solve Competitive Real World Product Problems and Get Continuous 1-on-1 Feedback to Improve
Read and Practice Product & Design Case Studies
Apply to Jobs
View and apply to design and product jobs
Post a Job
Tap into our talent pool of 7000+ designers and product managers
Get guidance from mentors to improve your CV, portfolio, take mock interviews
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
View More ▼ Close
PhonePe is a dominant player in the payment apps space, which includes players like Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM, Amazon Pay and many more.
Recently, with an uptick in investments in financial products, PhonePe has put a lot of focus on a new ‘category’ or ‘business vertical’ - Financial Services, or as it calls it: My Money.
This includes offerings ranging from Insurance to Mutual Funds to Liquid Funds, with more offerings added almost every week.
Now the challenge here is that, at the heart of it, PhonePe still is a payment app: i.e. A transactional app.
But financial services are more ‘long term investments’ (pun intended). In essence: a mere transactional relationship is not possible for offering such instruments, especially to young, first-time investors - a large part of PhonePe’s user base.
One maybe ok if, due to payment issues, their pizza doesn’t get delivered, or a bill remains unpaid. But that is clearly not the case with financial products: say an SIP.
So, with this context, in this challenge, you need to do a UX Audit to find areas of improvement in PhonePe’s My Money flows for either Liquid Funds or SuperFunds.
You need to find 3 key areas of improvement from your audit.
It goes without saying that minor usability tweaks are NOT the focus of this audit: please avoid sharing those inputs.
What are needed are issues that really matter to a genuine user wanting to buy/invest in a financial product.
Hence, research, either primary (user) or secondary (competition) or both, is a critical part of this challenge.
- PhonePe is NOT hosting this challenge. This is only a learning exercise. However, the top solutions will be shared with PhonePe
- If you are participating from outside India, please reach out to us for screens and flows
- We are not looking for redesigns. However, annotated screens are recommended
- PhonePe launches new investment solution - Super Funds | Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/phonepe-launches-new-investment-solution-super-funds-11588586877841.html
- PhonePe India’s first Super Fund | Blog: https://blog.phonepe.com/phonepe-launches-indias-first-super-fund-a-unique-investment-solution-driving-long-term-wealth-d18496f17037
- What are Liquid mutual funds? | Why liquid funds are attractive alternative to savings deposits? Youtube: https://youtu.be/9PX7a5uLNrM
- PhonePe prepares for IPO by 2023; seeks $7-10 billion valuation: Report | Moneycontrol - https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/phonepe-prepares-for-ipo-by-2023-seeks-7-10-billion-valuation-report-5747451.html
- PhonePe’s Super Funds – Not so super!: https://primeinvestor.in/phonepe-super-funds-not-so-super
- E-commerce battle spills into insurtech business | Livemint https://www.livemint.com/companies/start-ups/e-commerce-battle-spills-into-insurtech-business-11598403318915.html
- How PhonePe has a very different wealth management services strategy from Paytm (2019) | Your story - https://yourstory.com/2019/03/phonepe-paytm-money-battleground-strategies-8v9xymlzmi