- What's Buzzing
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
Quora is a platform that has thrived on questions and answers: be it the mundane or the profound - it’s likely that Quora has an answer to it. With Top Writers, Trending topics, Top Lists Quora provided the much needed knowledge that a website could not capture.
But as time has passed, the product has become a mixture of ‘viral’ content meant to drive ‘engagement’ rather than share true knowledge. The introduction of ads, albeit text based and ‘contextual’, hasn’t exactly helped the overall experience.
At the same time, Quora’s main competitor and traffic source, Google, has become smarter and more tuned to answering questions directly. So much so that, a user need not even go to Quora to seek an answer: Google simply pulls out the right snippet and adds it as part of ‘Google Answers’
In essence, Quora faces a problem of relevance: is it any longer a platform worth ‘using’ rather than just visiting via Google?
In this challenge, you need to solve for this problem: You need to suggest top 3 product changes to ensure Quora remains relevant and is able to defend against its partners/competitors.
These 3 suggestions should be focussed on product/design/feature improvement.
Basically, saying: ‘Improve content’ will not suffice.
- Quora is NOT hosting this challenge. This is only a learning exercise. However, the top solutions will be shared with Quora
NEW - Templates.
- Read more about them here: What’s New https://uxhack.co/weekly-challenges/season2/
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/uxhack/Templates-d685dd9f72d94457b9981921c06e3ebe
- My favorite product management templates – Issue 37 - https://www.lennyrachitsky.com/p/my-favorite-templates-issue-37
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>
- Quora For Business | Quora: https://www.quora.com/q/quoraforbusiness/Capture-High-quality-Prospects-with-Lead-Gen-Forms
- Google’s Top Search Result? Surprise: It’s Google! | The Markup: https://themarkup.org/google-the-giant/2020/07/28/google-search-results-prioritize-google-products-over-competitors
- Is Quora Skirting the Edge of ‘Spammy’ When it Comes to SEO? | Moz: https://moz.com/ugc/is-quora-skirting-the-edge-of-spammy-when-it-comes-to-seo
- Is Quora going away? | Quora: https://www.quora.com/Is-Quora-going-away