It’s 8:30AM. You are a regular office goer and are looking to reach office at 9:30AM. You generally use Uber for commute whether it is office or any other place.
Based on the above baseline scenario, you need to do a UX audit of Uber’s cab booking flow and find out top 2 fixes that could improve the overall experience.
Apart from the baseline scenario, you can make any assumptions you feel like about the other elements:
- The type of cab (Pool, UberGo, XL etc)
- City/locality you are booking from/to (within India)
- Payment modes you use (card/wallet linked not/linked)
- Whether you compare on a competitor app before booking etc.
(This is not an exhaustive list but is meant to aid thinking)
In essence, you need to fix 2 UX gaps that you observe or are likely to observe in this flow.
While user research is not essential in this case, it can be used to gain some additional insights.
- The fixes are specifically aimed at the booking flow. Hence, this is an existing user and we are not looking for fixes in onboarding, acquisition, improvements in marketing, customer support etc. The use case is booking flow only.
- While the primary interface for the fixes is the app, you need not restrict yourself to it. Essentially, you need to think about the overall experience of booking (including what you are going through in the physical world). Can there be fixes/improvements in this dimension as well? (Bonus points for this)
- If you are using screenshots, it’s a good practice to annotate them
- You can solve for any one platform: Android or iOS
- Uber is NOT hosting this challenge. This is a Learning exercise. However, all top solutions will be shared with Uber India team
Take Challenge gives you the ability to test your skills in solving real world product problems, on-demand. These challenges are featured problems from our Hackathons, events and Learning Hackathon initiatives and are based on solving real world UX problems.
When you take one of these challenges:
- You will be able to solve for these problems and see how your solution ranks amongst peers submissions
- View the Top solutions given by Product and Design professionals
- All submissions are graded by UXHack and you get a score for your submission alongwith a Certificate of Participation
- Get one-on-one feedback for improvement areas, which our participants love
Various benefits which you can get by taking challenges:
Improve your skills
- Test your skills on a real world product problem and identify your strengths and weaknesses
Peer based Learning
- Refine your thinking by viewing other top solutions
- Gain knowledge about the said product & industry that can help you prepare for an interview for similar companies. Most companies do give out similar case studies to solve as part of their hiring process
- We help companies hire through our community and they seek our recommendations on who is the best fit. Thus, your submissions help us to recommend your profile wherever it fits in best and we don't have to just rely on your CV/past portfolio
- You get UXPs for your submission which helps you improve reputation on UXHack platform and improve your ranking in overall leaderboard. We have an annual leaderboard which we announce in January where we promote top 10 across our newsletter and social media platforms.
Our challenges cover a gamut of Product & Design skills such as User Research, Competition Analysis, Wireframing, Prioritization, Information Architecture, Interaction Design and more
The grading of submission is done by the UXHack team. We grade any submission on various parameters on a 10 point scale (few parameters change basis the challenge in consideration). However, some common parameters usually are: Problem Solving, Research & Solution Detailing
An overall score is calculated for the submission which is not the average of scoring parameters. Overall score is also on a 10 point scale.
Once you register for a challenge, a submission window is available on the same challenge page. You can submit your solution on the challenge page itself and if need be attach documents (PDF recommended)
Once you submit a solution, and after the end of the due date, your submission is evaluated by the UXHack team. It takes us maximum of 3 days to share your scores with you. Based on the plan you avail, after your scores are published, you get to view a detailed scorecard as well as see other solutions. If you have opted for a feedback, you also get personalized feedback.
Please note: Once submitted, you can make unlimited changes to the solution, before the due date.
You can opt for Assist mode as shown above where our experts will guide you on how to approach. Also, you get access to a Whatsapp group of previous participants where you can also post your queries.