- What's Buzzing
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
View More ▼ Close
Google just launched something called People Cards: a simple way to showcase your profile when your name is searched. In its own demo, Google portrays this as a replacement to the erstwhile ‘business card’ and put this offering square on as a competitor to a ‘Linkedin profile’ link.
While at the heart of it this may sound like a simple feature, if this becomes successful, what Google will have achieved is to create a very powerful, clean, verified, authenticated database of profiles: mostly of freelancers, but also possibly of job seekers, small business owners and more.
This opens up a whole new possibility of what can be achieved, besides just getting links to a person’s profile on the web.
And so, in this challenge, we would like you explore and ideate what more can this powerful tool be used for within and outside Google.
Can Google leverage this data, with all other information it already has, for better offerings? if you think yes, tell us how.
It maybe the case that you may need to tweak the offering, design and overall product features to match your product ideas.
We are looking for a minimum of 2 ideas/features/offerings.
Remember, Google encompasses a whole suite of products ranging from email to storage to video conferencing (GSuite), to consumer offerings like Youtube video & music, to Payments (GPay) and several others, with its ad business being the dominant revenue generator.
Hence, you need to think about where Google can leverage People Cards to improve/enhance existing offerings or create new offerings altogether.
- Google is NOT hosting this challenge. This is only a learning exercise. However, the top solutions will be shared with Google India
- If you are participating from outside India, please reach out to us for screens and flows
- Google rolls out virtual visiting card in India | Techcrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2020/08/10/google-people-card-virtual-business-card-search-india/
- An Inside Look at Google’s Future Plans | Neil Patel: https://neilpatel.com/blog/googles-future/ (check #6)
- Google India appoints former Star and Disney head Sanjay Gupta as new Country Manager | Business today: https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/google-india-appoints-former-star-and-disney-head-sanjay-gupta-as-new-country-manager/story/389321.html
- Google For India 2020 Highlights (must watch) | Google India: https://youtu.be/6qjtLZ-7HSo
- Google to invest $10 billion in India | TC: https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/13/google-to-invest-10-billion-in-india/
NEW - Templates
- Read more about them here: What’s New https://uxhack.co/weekly-challenges/season2/
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/uxhack/Templates-d685dd9f72d94457b9981921c06e3ebe
- My favorite product management templates – Issue 37 - https://www.lennyrachitsky.com/p/my-favorite-templates-issue-37
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>