As a UI UX Designer, you have been tasked with uplifting the design of Google Analytics Dashboard. The assessment consists of two parts
Part 1 | Improving visuals:
For the purpose of this assessment you need to consider only the Acquisition Overview dashboard (1 page) and redesign it so that it looks like a modern, usable dashboard.
Areas you need to focus on and demonstrate your abilities in are:
- Improving the overall visual design
- Improving the style of the charts and information shown
- Improving the table and the data shown
- Usage of subtle colors, accents for charts, tables and text
- Ensuring that the design helps a user focus on the most important elements of the dashboard
- Maintaining consistency with the rest of Google Analytics Dashboard, especially the homepage (which has been updated)
- We are not expecting working prototypes, but mock-ups.
- You are free to use any design tool.
- You need to design only for Desktop (mobile view is not needed)
Part 2 | Improving experience:
In this part you need to focus on improving the experience and usability of the filter used in the Acquisition Overview dashboard
You need to showcase this via a prototype.
The prototype should be:
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Simpler than what presently exists
- Gel in with the look and feel of your improved dashboard
You need to improve both filters: Primary Dimension and Conversion
How to access Google Analytics:
You can access the Google Analytics demo here: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/demoAccount
You will need to login to a Google account for this.
Once logged in, navigate to the <Acquisition Overview Dashboard>
If you face issues logging into the Demo account, use the Google Help Guide: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6367342#access
Your submission should be a pdf file which must include:
- The final design file link
- Link to the working prototype for filters
- Your thought process and approach you have followed while making the changes in the design
- Any supporting elements that can help better assess your design skills (Optional)