- What's Buzzing
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
View More ▼ Close
LudoKing has risen in popularity and is now consistently the no.1 game on both iOS and Android.
The game is free to play but has paid options and also monetises through ads.
While the game experience is slick, the ad experience can do with tweaks so as to ensure users don’t just ‘blank out to them’ (read ‘Banner Blindness’ below)
Also, the monetisation options: coins and diamonds, could do with better hooks so as to drive in more revenues (Hint: check Pubg)
In this challenge you need to think of improvements to both these aspects so that LudoKing can truly monetise it’s mass user base, effectively.
While doing so, the overall ‘game experience’ should not be negatively impacted: For example - showing a fullscreen banner ad WHILE a game is ongoing is a strict no-no. Likewise for prompts for paid options.
In essence, the simplicity of the game should carry forward to both how ads and plans are shown, while also ensuring more revenues from them.
It would be worthwhile trying out the game experience, before suggesting any changes.
Also, inspiration can be taken from apps that have done this successfully, globally.
IMP: Please note that not all elements of banners ads are in a game developers control. It would make sense to research how this industry works to gain more insights (Hint: Mobile Ad Networks)
- Your Ads are Getting Ignored: 5 Smart Strategies to Overcome Banner Blindness
- Neil Patel: https://neilpatel.com/blog/your-ads-are-getting-ignored-5-smart-strategies-to-overcome-banner-blindness/
- Banner Blindness Revisited: Users Dodge Ads on Mobile and Desktop Nielsen Norman Group: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/banner-blindness-old-and-new-findings/
- Monetize: The Seven Deadly Sins of Game Monetization FB Developers: https://youtu.be/sJD60NtkeKw
- PUBG Mobile is now reportedly the world’s highest-grossing mobile game Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/11/18660985/pubg-mobile-monthly-revenue-players-highest-grossing-mobile-game