- What's Buzzing
Our Goldmine of the Top Solutions from all Product & Design challenges
A Fun Quiz to Test your Product Knowledge. A new Quiz Every Friday!
Solve Competitive Real World Product Problems and Get Continuous 1-on-1 Feedback to Improve
Read and Practice Product & Design Case Studies
Apply to Jobs
View and apply to design and product jobs
Post a Job
Tap into our talent pool of 7000+ designers and product managers
Get guidance from mentors to improve your CV, portfolio, take mock interviews
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
View More ▼ Close
Netflix is looking to grow massively in India and is focusing a lot on this market. It recently also launched a much cheaper 4th plan, so as to attract more paying users. And while Netflix is working hard on the content, marketing and pricing of its product for India, we feel it can tweak its UX to cater to India's unique market, to make inroads.
In this challenge, you need to find 1 most impactful product change that will drive user acquisition for Netflix in India. This change can be substantiated with examples/mockups/wireframes as also user research.
The quality of your solution/improvement will be judged on the depth to which you go. So, generic solutions like: localisation of content will not do. You need to explain the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ parts: Why would a particular solution work and how can it be made to work by Netflix in India.
And while there can be several areas that can be improved, you need to focus on the most impactful one. So between two solutions you should pick the one which drives user acquisition more.
At the core of the solution must also be the reason why Netflix must make the change specifically for India, given that it is a relatively successful product across markets, offering a fantastic user experience, in general.
- You must only focus on product changes. Hence, while it’s tempting to say: create more Indian content, this solution is unrelated to the product (directly) and hence not acceptable. However, if the content can be improved using the product, you can develop it in your solution
- Additional points for solid, primary user research
- If you are using screenshots, it’s a good practice to annotate them
- You can solve for any one platform: Android or iOS. Apart from app, you can also look at communication improvements that Netflix does to reach out to a new user
- Netflix is NOT hosting this challenge. This is a Learning exercise. However, all top solutions will be shared with Netflix India team
Resources & Reading:
24 Jul: India most important market for Netflix, launches a mobile-only plan at Rs 199, Business Today
11 Jul: For Netflix, being a premium service in India has its perks Quartz
Nov ‘18: Airtel offering free 3-months Netflix subscription worth Rs 1,500 ET