- What's Buzzing
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
PhonePe recently did an ad blitz with Aamir Khan portraying a grandfather taking his grandson to a mela. He is shown using the PhonePe app and touts its new feature (Apps on PhonePe) as well as ease of use, security and UPI.
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDZo20xf_io
In this challenge you need to find ways in which Daddu/Grandfather or Aamir Khan can have a great experience using the PhonePe app. Basically you need to find ways in which accessibility can be improved for a segment this ad targets i.e Age group 55 and above.
You can probe the following points (these are only meant to help you, and not essential):
- Is the app simple to use for this segment?
- Are there any other apps/examples from which PhonePe can adopt features?
- Does the competition do anything differently for this segment?
- And does it even make sense to have a different experience?
With respect to specific areas of improvement, you can look at the following:
- Look for content improvements if any that can help simplify the communications for this segment
- Any tweaks to the UI elements that can improve the experience (these can be shown with a mock up)
- Any feature improvements or new additions that are better fit for this segment
Just to reiterate, the above are only pointers to help you and not essential. You can go beyond these points as long as your solution improves the overall user experience for this segment of users.
The focus should be on whether what is shown in the ad resonates with the experience Daddu is likely to have on the app. And if not, what can be done in terms of the product and design to improve the experience.
PS: Various brands are tapping into this segment. Paytm too ran a campaign (Kisi ki life ka Paytm bano) and hence it shows a shift in thinking. It also points to the fact that brands realise that this is an untapped segment and an opportunity for growth. However, whether using the same design to target an audience that ‘fears’ payments on mobile is a good strategy is debatable. Hence this becomes a significant use case for brands (especially larger ones)
Output format: PDF (desired)
- It is recommended that you test the app with this very segment (and only observe as they use it) to get the best insights.
- You can pick up any flow or use case of your choice in the app to optimize for the segment
- You can choose any one platform: Android or iOS App
- For those outside India, in you are unable to use these apps, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share screens with you
- PhonePe is not hosting this challenge. This is only a learning exercise