- What's Buzzing
Get improvement areas for your CV to convert more applications into interviews.
Get feedback on your portfolio website to make a good first impression on hiring managers
Build confidence by doing mock interview with Product & Design professionals
Tasks & Assignments
Get guidance on your interview task
- For Businesses
- About Us
Personal health insurance has been an oft neglected matter in India. Some studies suggest only 20% of the population has health cover, most of it is via government based schemes (PMJAY) or group health insurance (provide by organisations to employees).
Over the last year, with the onset of the pandemic, personal health insurance has seen significant growth: across insurers, health insurance saw the highest increase in premiums as individuals rushed to opt for more cover than what they had from group policies, as also new users bought health insurance.
Traditionally, in India, insurance is a product that is predominantly sold offline: via agents, banks. But with the pandemic, this mode of sale is less effective. And so online health insurance gains much more importance.
With the added importance, come the issues: insurance is not an easy product to understand. Some would even call it complex: there are several terms, conditions one needs to understand first. And within health insurance a number of factors help determine which is the right insurance for a person.
Hence, rather than an e-commerce like purchase flow, insurance is sold online via an assisted flow: with an agent assisting the person to decide.
This is not to everyone’s liking: some would even consider getting repeated calls for buying insurance as spam, even if they themselves visited a website.
With this background, you need to find ways in which the experience of buying health insurance can be simplified on Policybazaar's Website, the largest insurance aggregator in India.
The ideas and changes you suggest could be related to design changes, visuals, user flows, information shown etc. Infact, you could suggest a completely different flow. The goal is to simplify the buying experience and try and see if the user can complete the purchase without assistance.
Please limit your ideas and suggestions to a maximum of 3. You may list others too, but only the first 3 will be considered. It could also be just one main, super impactful idea.
- We recommend primary user research to uncover true pain points. This will help cut out noise and surface level issues
- You can choose either the mobile or the desktop version of the website
- Annotated screens are a great way of highlighting issues and showcasing suggestions for improvements
- We are not looking for redesigns: simple mocks/wireframes will also do, but are not essential
- Policybazaar is NOT hosting this challenge. This is just a learning exercise
- The changing face of insurance distribution | FE: https://www.financialexpress.com/opinion/the-changing-face-of-insurance-distribution/2169014/
- Digital Insurance | PWC: https://www.pwc.in/consulting/financial-services/digital-insurance.html
- Covid is an opportunity to make structural changes to our largest health insurance and pension schemes | IE: https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/covid-india-pension-scheme-health-insurance-7282123/
- Insurance penetration inches up but stays much below global average: Eco Survey | Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/budget/economic-survey/insurance-penetration-inches-up-but-stays-much-below-global-average-eco-survey-11611923743756.html
- The covid-19 boost to health insurance, in four charts | Livemint: https://www.livemint.com/insurance/news/the-covid-19-boost-to-health-insurance-in-four-charts-11605597369780.html