- What's Buzzing
- For Businesses
Youtube has become an almost indispensable product incase you are interested in video based content. Be it tech reviews, recipes, learning, game streaming, short form or long form content: Youtube is the go-to product.
A large part of this ‘indispensability’ comes from Youtube being free and ad-supported.
Content creators get a platform with a huge user base and also earn via ads. Businesses get the eyeballs they want in exchange for some money. And Youtube benefits from both, as it keeps enhancing an already fantastic product.
A clear win-win for all, especially the viewer.
But things started changing a year back as Youtube launched Youtube Premium and began pushing people for trials, aggressively.
Aggressively is the keyword here: because we as users are used to subtlety as far as Google products go. And while the aggression has helped convert some users, a large set of users is, if one can call it, ‘irritated’.
In this challenge you need to find ways to reduce or do away with this ‘irritation’ while ensuring that overall business objectives aren’t massively impacted.
Essentially, you need to find subtle ways in which nudges for Youtube Premium can be created, as opposed to the prompts and pop-ups that we presently see.
Also, you need to suggest a rule based funnel (i.e. defining parameters on how to bucket users based on their interaction with youtube) that can help manage different types of users. These rules should ensure the prompts and nudges are shown to the most relevant set of users, and at the right time.
The suggestions you make should be a mix of both design and rule changes.
Formats & Templates:
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>
Take Challenge gives you the ability to test your skills in solving real world product problems, on-demand. These challenges are featured problems from our Hackathons, events and Learning Hackathon initiatives and are based on solving real world UX problems.
When you take one of these challenges:
- You will be able to solve for these problems and see how your solution ranks amongst peers submissions
- View the Top solutions given by Product and Design professionals
- All submissions are graded by UXHack and you get a score for your submission alongwith a Certificate of Participation
- Get one-on-one feedback for improvement areas, which our participants love
Various benefits which you can get by taking challenges:
Improve your skills
- Test your skills on a real world product problem and identify your strengths and weaknesses
Peer based Learning
- Refine your thinking by viewing other top solutions
- Gain knowledge about the said product & industry that can help you prepare for an interview for similar companies. Most companies do give out similar case studies to solve as part of their hiring process
- We help companies hire through our community and they seek our recommendations on who is the best fit. Thus, your submissions help us to recommend your profile wherever it fits in best and we don't have to just rely on your CV/past portfolio
- You get UXPs for your submission which helps you improve reputation on UXHack platform and improve your ranking in overall leaderboard. We have an annual leaderboard which we announce in January where we promote top 10 across our newsletter and social media platforms.
Our challenges cover a gamut of Product & Design skills such as User Research, Competition Analysis, Wireframing, Prioritization, Information Architecture, Interaction Design and more
The grading of submission is done by the UXHack team. We grade any submission on various parameters on a 10 point scale (few parameters change basis the challenge in consideration). However, some common parameters usually are: Problem Solving, Research & Solution Detailing
An overall score is calculated for the submission which is not the average of scoring parameters. Overall score is also on a 10 point scale.
Once you register for a challenge, a submission window is available on the same challenge page. You can submit your solution on the challenge page itself and if need be attach documents (PDF recommended)
Once you submit a solution, and after the end of the due date, your submission is evaluated by the UXHack team. It takes us maximum of 3 days to share your scores with you. Based on the plan you avail, after your scores are published, you get to view a detailed scorecard as well as see other solutions. If you have opted for a feedback, you also get personalized feedback.
Please note: Once submitted, you can make unlimited changes to the solution, before the due date.
You can opt for Assist mode as shown above where our experts will guide you on how to approach. Also, you get access to a Whatsapp group of previous participants where you can also post your queries.