View More ▼ Close
The ‘Big Billion Days’ is an internet property that is impossible to miss in India. This year, though, the event attains even more importance: both for sellers and Flipkart.
With the economic downturn, a sale like this, just before the festival season, can genuinely push demand.
That said, the Indian consumer is likely to be even more shrewd with her/his purchase decisions: While in a normal year one would end up buying things out of impulse, this year, the consumer is likely to search for the very best deals, and buy only what’s essential/provides great value.
Moreover, loyalty isn’t a factor that even a large platform like Flipkart can bank on, to ensure a successful sale: Flipkart’s rival Amazon will have its own sale running at the very same time.
So, it’s obvious that users will compare and buy: only what’s needed & from where they get the best deal (as they have always done, but more so this year than before)
And while users will most likely come to the site/app for the biggest deal, very few of them will actually get it. This means the others (who would normally make some impulse purchases, but this year likely won’t), will go away empty handed.
So, in this challenge you need to gamify the purchase experience that users have, during Big Billion Days.
What’s needed are creative ways to ensure that once a user lands on your site (with an intent to buy), they do so for all their purchases: You need to ensure a higher cart checkout value, once a user is hooked in.
Remember, the gamification is NOT to drive engagement or traffic to the platform: for this both Flipkart and Amazon have several initiatives. The gamification must be focussed clearly on purchases.
We aren’t looking for multiple ideas but instead for depth and simplicity in your idea.
- User research isn’t essential but might help to uncover insights
- We recommend a basic wireframe/mock for your suggestion/s to create the right impact. But this is not essential
- Understanding the user psychology while making purchases is key to a great suggestion
- This challenge is a mix of both business & product: hence even if the suggestions are business focussed, that should be fine. However, you need to also detail our your idea in terms of how it will be executed and not just the what
- The points you score will be added to the Weekly Leaderboard, making you eligible for the final prizes at the end of the season. So, even if half done, make sure you atleast submit your solution, to gain some points
Formats & Templates:
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/uxhack/Templates-d685dd9f72d94457b9981921c06e3ebe
- My favorite product management templates – Issue 37 - https://www.lennyrachitsky.com/p/my-favorite-templates-issue-37
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>