Use your design chops to improve real world products. One screen, One product, One weekend!
A Hiring Hackathon event for Designers
A Hiring Hackathon event for Product Managers
A Fun Quiz to Test your Product Knowledge. A new Quiz Every Friday!
All the events lined up @UXHack
Check out some interesting nuggets from us @UXHack. Apart from important updates, we try to also share some best practices & case studies. We cover topics like Startups, Career Advice & Products.
Newsletter - UXH Mixology
A weekly newsletter on Substack where we share some interesting reads, curated jobs, events & more stuff related to Product & Design
- For Businesses
IKEA celebrates one year of its launch in India. With this, it also is about to launch its 2nd store just outside Mumbai and online purchases.
IKEA provides a fantastic shopping experience at its stores across the globe but can that experience be replicated online, especially given IKEA’s limited presence in India.
In this challenge you need to find 3 ways in which IKEA can optimize its online experience, specially in the Indian context.
The areas that can be worked on
- Communication of offers/benefits/programs/assembly tie-up
- Communication of the constraints
- Simplifying checkout flow given delivery constraints
- Speed and image rendering optimizations
- Signup flows (both account and IKEA family)
#These are only indicative, you can choose to go beyond these
- IKEA runs a fantastic IKEA family program
- IKEA has a deep integration with UrbanClap
- We are not interested in optimisations to the final checkout (redirection to ww8.ikea.com and payment flows, since we are hopeful IKEA is already fixing these
- For a positive Pincode you can use a Mumbai Pincode (eg 400021)
- If you are using screenshots, it’s a good practice to annotate them
- You can solve for any one platform: mobile or web (flow starts from https://www.ikea.com/in/en/)
- IKEA is NOT hosting this challenge. This is a Learning exercise.