Use your design chops to improve real world products. One screen, One product, One weekend!
A Hiring Hackathon event for Designers
A Hiring Hackathon event for Product Managers
A Fun Quiz to Test your Product Knowledge. A new Quiz Every Friday!
All the events lined up @UXHack
Check out some interesting nuggets from us @UXHack. Apart from important updates, we try to also share some best practices & case studies. We cover topics like Startups, Career Advice & Products.
Newsletter - UXH Mixology
A weekly newsletter on Substack where we share some interesting reads, curated jobs, events & more stuff related to Product & Design
- For Businesses
Notion recently announced that it would be launching its API for public use and has invited users to join in their private beta.
This is a major step, as the possibilities of such an API are tremendous: both for users and also for Notion.
In this challenge, we’d like you to don the hat of a PM at Notion and figure out two things:
- What should be the feature set and functionality that such a public API offers
- What should be the Roadmap for launch of this API to the public
Goes without saying, that to attempt this challenge you need a fair understanding of how Notion works and what it offers to its different sets of users: freelancers, publishers, startups, large organisations.
Hence it would make sense speaking with a few of the persona above to figure out what’s valuable to them.
Your solution should be in the form of a product note (not too technical) and should answer the above two questions.
- Incase of a roadmap, please do not simply put up a Gantt chart stating the various handoffs between devs, designers, QA etc. The intent here is to see how you approach a roll out and NOT to see if you are good with Gantt charts. That said, no harm done if you use one, but it should be backed by reason and not simply be an artefact
- If you are unaware entirely on what Notion is or does, please do join the QnA session for some inputs on this. In the meanwhile, would make sense to read up here (https://www.notion.so/product) and try it out yourself
- Notion is NOT hosting the challenge. This is just a learning exercise.
- The points you score will be added to the Weekly Leaderboard, making you eligible for the final prizes at the end of the season. So, even if half done, make sure you atleast submit your solution, to gain some points. View Leaderboard and Prizes
Formats & Templates:
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/uxhack/Templates-d685dd9f72d94457b9981921c06e3ebe
- My favorite product management templates – Issue 37 - https://www.lennyrachitsky.com/p/my-favorite-templates-issue-37
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>