- What's Buzzing
View More ▼ Close
For any online platform, where a user’s profile and their activities are a core element of the business, it becomes vital to have an intuitive Profile section.
Think about any online business: Social Networking, Dating, Online Communities, E-commerce (seller view); the way user profiles are shown, discovered or managed form a ‘core feature set’ that helps fuel the platforms organic growth.
The same is true for our platform, UXHack. The essence of our platform is our members i.e. YOU. Your profile and what you do, not only bring immense value to us but, we believe, since we are in the professional online community space, how your profile looks to the outside world and to YOURSELF, are equally important.
We already receive a lot of feedback from our users on the Profile section. Given that we are now reaching almost 3000 members, we believe it’s the right time to take a shot at improving this piece.
And what better way than to have a competitive challenge with prizes to set the ball rolling while giving you, the user, an opportunity to work on it.
So, in this challenge, we want you to help us Redesign the profile section. The redesign concept should solve for two points:
1. Feature set - What should be shown for your profile to different personas:
- A general website visitor who discovers you from Google or when you share your profile with others
- Other UXHack members
2. Visual elements - How the feature set can be presented in an intuitive manner
On feature set, apart from the data points to be shown for your profile, you can also think about nudges/hooks that might be relevant for the different personas.
The expected output is a concept note + a basic visual wireframe. The winner gets to further work with us to refine their output.
1. You can solve for any one screen type: mobile or desktop
2. It’s important to view profiles of some active users to get a sense of what data points are shown presently
3. Given that there are only 3-4 days to work on this challenge, make sure you manage your time well and do not go overboard in terms of suggestions for features, as also the visuals you share
- The points you score will be added to the Weekly Leaderboard, making you eligible for the final prizes at the end of the season. So, even if half done, make sure you atleast submit your solution, to gain some points. View Leaderboard and Prizes
Formats & Templates:
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/uxhack/Templates-d685dd9f72d94457b9981921c06e3ebe
- My favorite product management templates – Issue 37 - https://www.lennyrachitsky.com/p/my-favorite-templates-issue-37
<The templates are only for reference. You are free to use any format of your choice>
- Best Practices of Designing a User Profile Page | Agentstudio.com: https://agentestudio.com/blog/design-user-profile-page